Cal-Neva Chapter of the American Fisheries Society 51st Annual Meeting
April 5-7, 2017, Eureka, CA
The Sequoia Center & Red Lion Hotel, 901 Myrtle Avenue, Eureka, CA, 95501
Currently soliciting for a wide range of symposia, contributed papers, and posters:
- New research
- Monitoring results
Call for Symposia and Technical Sessions
Proposal Due Date – Extended to: February 3, 2017
Call for Papers
Abstracts for Contributed Papers and Posters Due: February 25, 2017
If you would like to submit your abstract now, please use our external abstract submission link.
Early Bird Registration (Ends February 25th, 2017)
Student Member: $65
Young Professional: $125
Regular Member: $250
Retired AFS: $175
1-Day (Member or Non-member): $125
1-Day (Young professional): $80
Banquet: $55 Student
Continuing Education Courses (Free for students)
1: eDNA $50
2: Fish Passage & Screening Student Member $50
3: Biological Assessment for Section 7 Consultation $50
4: PIT-Tagging (Oregon RFID) $50
Lodging: Reserve your hotel room by calling the Red Lion at (707) 445-0844. Make sure to mention that you would like the $94/night rate reserved for CalNeva conference attendees. There are a limited number of rooms available at this discounted rate.
Keep checking back for further details to follow:
- Conference Background
- Plenary Speakers
- Technical Sessions and Symposia
- Daily Schedule and Rooms
Schedule at a glance:
Wednesday, April 5 (Note: Time subject to change as we get more details)
- 8:00am to 5:00pm: Registration
- 8:00am to 5:00pm: Continuing Education: Applied eDNA Techniques, Fish Passage and Screening, Biological Assessment for Section 7 Consultation
- 8:00am to 5:00pm: Field Trips (TBD)
- 5:30pm to 7:30pm: Poster Session, Trade Show, and Welcoming Social
- 7:30pm to 10:00pm: Student Social (evening)
Thursday, April 6 (Note: Time subject to change as we get more details)
- 8:00am to 11:30am: Plenary Session (@ The Sequoia Center)
- 11:30am to 1:00pm: Cal-Neva Chapter Business meeting *reservations required* (@ The Sequoia Center)
- 1:15pm to 5:00pm: Technical Sessions and Student Symposium
- 5:00pm to 11:00pm: Banquet and Awards (@ The Sequoia Center)
Friday, April 7 (Note: Time subject to change as we get more details)
- 7:00am to 8:00am: Spawning Run
- 8:00 AM to 11:40am and 1:40 PM to 5:00pm: Technical Sessions
- 11:45am to 1:30pm: Student Mentor Lunch
Best Student Poster & Oral Presentation Contest
First place: $150, second place: $125, and third place: $75 will be awarded in both categories. Judging will be conducted by the American Institute of Fishery Research Biologists (AIFRB) Northern California District.
Help Wanted: Volunteers to Help Judge Student Presentations
If you would like to help judge student presentations, please contact Tom Keegan at 916-224-3656.
Registration Information (Register Now at our EventBrite page)
All attendees and guests must register. Please note that the Cal-Neva Chapter does not waive registration fees for symposium, oral and poster presenters.
Registration for the full event includes one banquet ticket and two beverage tickets for the Wednesday and Thursday evening socials.
Alternate Registration Payment Options
Registrations will be accepted through Eventbrite only. Alternate registration payment options are now available for those who will be paying by check or restricted credit cards. In addition, we will also accept payment at the door. Please select your payment options in Eventbrite.
- Checks: Write your Eventbrite Order Number on the check, or enclose a copy of your Eventbrite receipt, and send to:Cal-Neva Chapter AFS, P.O. Box 72653, Davis, CA 92653.
Mailed payments must be postmarked on or before April 7, 2017. Checks will also be accepted at the door.
- Paying off-line by credit card available
- Purchase order and invoiced registrations is available
Please contact James Hobbs: firstname.lastname@example.org for other payment options.
Registration Cancellation Policy
Refunds will be issued based on the timing of the cancellation. Registration fees will be refunded in full if cancelled prior to the Early Registration deadline (February 10, 2017). The refund rate will be 50% after the Early Registration deadline through Monday, April 3, 2017. Thereafter, no refunds will be permitted.
Spawning Run ($20) – more information to come.
A Note to Potential Donors
Please contact our Fundraising Coordinator Maddelyn Harden directly at email@example.com
For more information please contact the following individuals:
- Cal-Neva AFS: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Planning Chair – Laurie Earley: mailto:email@example.com
- Chapter President – Joe Merz: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registration – Norm Ponferrada: email@example.com
- Sequoia Center, 801 Myrtle Avenue, Eureka, CA 95501: https://sequoiacenter.net/