Call for Nominations for Chapter Officers
Do you want to boost your career? Grow your leadership skills? Expand your network? Gain satisfaction in contributing to fisheries? Make friends and eat sushi?
Then take charge of your fisheries future! Consider nominating yourself (or another Cal-Neva AFS member) for a position as a Chapter officer. We have 2 positions up for election. Click on the position title to view the description of duties.
Officer benefits during term include registration fees waived for Chapter Annual Meetings and membership covered (if needed). For President, travel and registration covered for Western Division and Annual Society meetings, and Western Division leaders retreat. We meet monthly for Executive Committee meetings (followed by sushi!).
Schedule for elections is as follows:
- Nominations will be accepted until May 15. Please send nominations to email@example.com. All nominees must be an active member of AFS. Nominees should submit:
- Short candidate statement explaining their background and qualifications
- Photo with the candidate statement
- Candidate statements and voting instructions will be sent to the Chapter membership via email May 16.
- Voting by electronic ballot will begin on June 15 and end on June 30.
- New officers will assume their duties at the general membership meeting, which this year will be at the joint Annual Meeting with AFS-TWS on October 1, 2019.
If you have questions, please contact Ramona Swenson (Nominations and Bylaws Chair, 2016 President) or any current Officer