AFS Cal-Neva Chapter awards are listed here.
Time to Recognize a Colleague or Organization: Cal-Neva AFS Chapter Call for Award Nominations — Deadline July 15, 2019
Each year the Cal-Neva Chapter award individuals and entities for their professional achievement, service, and contributions to fisheries science and the profession. Please consider recognizing a worthy person or group for one of the Cal-Neva Awards. To nominate an individual or group for one of the awards listed below, please provide a one-page summary of the contributions and accomplishments of the nominee that specifically aligns with the award category. Please send your nominations to the Cal-Neva AFS email: firstname.lastname@example.org. The nomination deadline is July 15, 2019.
The Cal-Neva AFS award winners will be announced online and through social media. Their accomplishments will be highlighted in the Cal-Neva AFS newsletter and they will be publicly recognized and awarded a plaque at our 2019 Chapter Business Meeting held at the AFS/TWS Joint Meeting in Reno Sept. 29-Oct 3, 2019. Award recipients are encouraged but not required to attend the meeting.
- The Chapter Award for Special Contributions. This award recognizes Chapter members and others for outstanding service to the Chapter.
- The Chapter Award for Distinguished Professional Achievement. This award recognizes Chapter members for professional excellence in research, management, education, or publication, or outstanding contribution to the profession, the Society, or fisheries conservation.
- The Conservation Achievement Award. This award recognizes non-member individuals or groups for outstanding contributions or service to fisheries conservation.
- The Chapter Award of Excellence recognizes a Chapter and Society member for exemplary depth and breadth of professional achievement in academia, government service, or private practice; combined with significant publications and/or conservation activities, and participation in Chapter activities. They must have achieved significant distinction on multiple fronts (professionally, scientifically, environmentally, and as a supporting Chapter volunteer). Those given this award should have achieved statewide recognition as a major authority or guiding force in California and/or Nevada fisheries management and science.
- The Chapter Award for Scientific Journalism recognizes journalists whose work is particularly accurate and effective in conveying information to the public regarding fisheries science or conservation.
If you have any questions please contact Chapter President Steve Brumbaugh (email@example.com) or Chapter Past-President Laurie Earley (firstname.lastname@example.org).