Cal-Neva Chapter grants awards to recognize professional achievement, service, and contributions to fisheries science and conservation. We welcome nominations for candidates in the following five categories:
- The Chapter Award for Special Contributions. This award recognizes Chapter members and others for outstanding service to the Chapter.
- The Chapter Award for Distinguished Professional Achievement. This award recognizes Chapter members for professional excellence in research, management, education, or publication, or outstanding contribution to the profession, the Society, or fisheries conservation.
- The Conservation Achievement Award. This award recognizes non-member individuals or groups for outstanding contributions or service to fisheries conservation.
- The Chapter Award of Excellence recognizes a Chapter and Society member for exemplary depth and breadth of professional achievement in academia, government service, or private practice; combined with significant publications and/or conservation activities, and participation in Chapter activities. They must have achieved significant distinction on multiple fronts (professionally, scientifically, environmentally, and as a supporting Chapter volunteer). Those given this award should have achieved statewide recognition as a major authority or guiding force in California and/or Nevada fisheries management and science.
- The Chapter Award for Scientific Journalism recognizes journalists whose work is particularly accurate and effective in conveying information to the public regarding fisheries science or conservation.