For a broader list, please visit the Job Board on the National AFS website.
3/20/17 – CDFW, Fish and Wildlife Scientific Aid (2) in the Stockton, Bay-Delta Region. Application Deadline April 10th, 2017. Duties include field collections and laboratory processing of fish and invertebrates, data entry, deployment of research fishing gear, and more. For more information see the link to CDFW Seasonal Job Bulletin.
2/13/17 – CDFW, Fish & Wildlife Scientific Aid with San Francisco Bay Study. Application filing deadline is February 28, 2017. Link to CDFW Bay Study job flyer.
2/13/17 – Department of Wildlife Fish and Conservation Biology (WFCB), University of California, Davis invites applications for a pool of qualified Junior Specialists should an opening arise. Screening of applicants is ongoing and will continue as needed. Link to WFCB junior specialist flyer in Word Link to WFCB junior specialist flyer in PDF.
2/4/17 – Environmental Field Technicians. Immediate opportunities to work as an environmental field technician on the Delta, site is located near Tracy, CA. The field support will be assisting the Environment Team. Basic requirements:
- Three years plus field experience.
- Working on boats, lifting, netting fish, processing (weighing and measuring) fish, basic data collection.
- Long days, potentially in inclement weather.
- Certain activities require working night shift.
- Good communication and team player (working closely with others) are a must.
- Work would between 20 to 40 hours per week. Need is immediate (February) through May/June.
- Some basic training (standard operating procedures) will be provided.
Education: BA/BS in Science, Environment Studies, Water Management is a plus however NOT required. Applicants please email your resume to April.Montbleau@347Group.com. Please mention where you saw this job posting. (Science, Environment, Water Management, Field Technician, Aquatic, Wildlife)