- See information on 2019 Travel Awards here.
- Center for Aquatic Biology and Aquaculture (CABA), University of California Davis 2018 Scholarships. CABA is delighted to announce several 2018 scholarships. These awards are open to UC Davis Graduate Students who are working on fish conservation, fisheries biology, riparian ecology or limnetic ecology research that benefits California’s recreational fisheries. The instructions and selection criteria (see links above) are unique for each fishing club, but share a common due date of Friday, March 30, 2018. If you have any questions, please contact the individual to whom each application would be submitted. Four fishing clubs are generously offering the following awards:
- The Marin Rod and Gun Club – four $2,000 scholarships
- The Wisecarver Memorial Scholarship from Diablo Valley Flyfishermen – one $2,500 scholarship
- The Bob Bittner Scholarship from California Fly Fishers Unlimited – one $2,500 scholarship
- The Fly Fishers of Davis – one $1,500 scholarship
- 2018 AFS-International Fisheries Section Fellow Award: The AFS-International Fisheries Section Fellow Award provides funding (up to $2100) to the selected Fellow for travel to attend the 2018 Fisheries Society of the British Isles (FSBI) Annual Symposium at the University of East Anglia, in Norwich, United Kingdom. The theme of this year’s FSBI Annual Symposium is “The Sustainable Use and Exploitation of Fishes.” The award is open to all Student and Young Professional (within two years of graduation) members of AFS. Applications are due by March 6. Download the application announcement here.
- None at this time.