- See information on 2019 Travel Awards here.
The UC Davis Center for Aquatic Biology and Aquaculture is delighted to announce five scholarships for 2020. Four fishing clubs are generously offering the following awards:
· The Marin Rod and Gun Club – two $2,000 scholarships
· The Bob Bittner Scholarship from California Fly Fishers Unlimited – one $2,000 scholarship
· The Fly Fishers of Davis – one $1,500 scholarship
· The Diablo Valley Flyfishing club – one $2,500 scholarship
These awards are open to UC Davis Graduate Students who are working on fish conservation, fisheries biology, riparian ecology or limnetic ecology research that benefits California’s recreational fisheries. The instructions and selection criteria are unique for each fishing club, but share a common due date of Friday, April 24, 2020. The applications can be found on the Center for Aquatic Biology and Aquaculture Website (http://caba.ucdavis.edu/) and Facebook page. If you have any questions, please contact the individual to whom each application should be submitted. We wish you the best of luck for those of you who are applying.
- Summer 2020 CSU COAST-CA Ocean Science Trust Science-Policy Internship Application Deadline Extended. The application deadline for the Summer 2020 CSU COAST-CA Ocean Science Trust Science-Policy Internship has been extended until Monday, March 23, 2020, 5:00 pm. The internship will be based in Sacramento from June 1-Aug. 14, 2020, and provides a $6,000 stipend. A graduate student or someone with some professional-level experience is preferred. If you are interested in the nexus of science and policy, this is a great opportunity to work with the Ocean Protection Council Science Advisory Team, hone your translational science writing and communication skills, and practice project management. See https://www2.calstate.edu/impact-of-the-csu/research/coast/funding/Pages/COAST-Science-Policy-Internship.aspx for details and application instructions. Please direct all questions to Kimberly Jassowski (firstname.lastname@example.org), COAST Support.